The Vivid Air is RockShox's Gravity inspired Air shock designed to be light and super supple and take the abuse of all day downhill runs. It is important to keep this shock serviced regularly to maintain its durability and keep the shock's small bump sensitivity high giving you better traction when you need it.
During normal use your RockShox lubrication and dampening oils begin to drop in performance. This is due to multiple factors including becoming contaminated by dirt and debris as well as the deterioration of the oil itself. During a full shock service we strip the shock down, clean the internal components and replace the essential oils, lubricants and seals to keep the product operating at its best.
This service should be performed at minimum every 12 month's or 100 hours of riding, a few signs of this service being necessary are reduced pedal platform/rebound control, leaking oil or a squelching noise while in use.
Full service includes;
- Complete tear down and rebuild of damper, including new seals, oil, and nitrogen recharge (where applicable)
- Thorough inspection of shock for damage and/or wear
- New Genuine RockShox air sleeve seals
- New Genuine RockShox damper Seals
- New low friction damper oil
- New Slick Honey Grease
- New DU bushings (if needed)
- Waste oil recycling
- Free return postage